St. Patrick’s Day Celebration Ideas!

On March 14, 2013 by stratfordschools

While looking through these wonderful photos for ideas on how to creatively celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, check out these interesting facts about Ireland!

• There are nine time the Irish living in America than in Ireland itself. There are roughly 34 million Americans with Irish decent.

• 12% of all Americans claim Irish heritage. This number doubles in Massachusetts to 24%!

Ireland is the third largest island in Europe and the twentieth largest island in the world.

• There are over 6 million people that inhabit Ireland.

Ireland takes up on 85% of the land mass. The other 15% is Northern Island, part of Great Britain.

• The capital of Ireland is Dublin.

• The capital of Northern Ireland is Belfast.

 

 

• The highest peak is Carrauntoohil in County Kerry, which is 1,038 m (3,406 ft).

• The River Shannon, at 386 km (240 miles) is the longest river in Ireland.

Ireland has fewer animal and plant species than both Britain or mainland Europe because it became an island shortly after the end of the last Ice Age, about 8,000 years ago.

• Motorists must drive on the left in Ireland.

Ireland is 280meters long and 160 wide.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

Comments are closed.

  • Subscribe

    Subscribe
  • Categories